Leaving 2017 behind

Here's a quick post as we've left 2017 behind, this year saw the exciting release of the powerful Xbox One X and a bucket load of awesome games.


My favourite, ten games, of 2017 kinda deserve a list, in no particular order. Some I will post reviews of soon, I'll add links as they are made, but for now here they are:
The absolute favourite this year, and a big surprise at that, is Resident Evil 7. It reinvented the series in a fantastic fashion, taking it's roots back to horror and even more so than ever before. Scary as hell and inspired by more modern indie styled horror games, Capcom outdid themselves and dares make the game complete new and in first person. A fantastic title.

Second place would be Mass Effect: Andromeda, as I felt it really made my dream of finding distant planets to terra form and colonise, come true. I felt it received a stupid amount of negativity by the press and gamers in general, suffering from simply becoming a internet meme, with no substance in what the game actually offered. I'm still hoping this title receives a Xbox One X update.

Third goes to Horizon Zero Dawn, with it's captivating story and fantastic open world. Very different in it's approach to  it's setting, blending middle age styled life with futuristic technology and intriguingly weird robot animals to fight. I drowned myself in this beautiful game and look forward to checking out it's Frozen Wilds add-on.

Well, we're now in 2018 and here's hoping there's lots of new and exciting games for the months to come. Happy new year!