A cyber update

Short post here, thought I'd just scrape together some thoughts on my slow and long journey through Cyberpunk 2077.

Haven't you finished Cyberpunk yet?!

No, I'm currently playing it now and then, mostly after patches. I purchased it heavily reduced in price, just before summer on a physical disc. Bug and performance complaints to one side, we all know about the bumpy launch by now, my interest in it's lore and environment has always intrigued me.

My progress, however, has been slow. Not because I don't like it, quite the contrary, but I'm still waiting to take full benefit of the game visually on my Xbox Series X.


I can't help myself playing it every so often though, Night City just pulls me back, and in combination with a VRR TV my Series X holds it at a fairly steady looking 1440p@60fps. The environments in Cyberpunk are just so breathtaking and it's the kind of futuristic city I've always wanted to freely explore in a video game. 

With the release of the recent 1.3 patch, things are steadily getting improved and bugs are disappearing. Performance still needs work and the game is still running in last generation mode.

I'll arrive at a review when it finally gets Series X/S patched, but what I can say so far is that I like it. I really, really like it.